Full Time Special Education Paraprofessional
Start Date 8/22/2022, with a training on 8/15/2022.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter and 3 references can be sent to Maggie at email@example.com
Part Time General Education Paraprofessional (approximately 16.25 hours per week)
Supervisor's Position Title: Director
Primary objective of this position:
Working with students in small groups or one on one using the PRESS procedures and reading intervention protocols. Internal coach for any Reading or Math Corps volunteers. This role may also include classroom time to reinforce classroom teacher's structure, discipline procedures, and skills taught while working with students.
Skills, knowledge and abilities required:
- To be flexible.
- Fulfilling another para's position when deemed necessary.
- To Learn how to use our reading intervention system.
- To participate in noon supervision rotation (which includes office & health aide coverage, study hall, cafeteria supervision, and playground supervision, and at times, supervision of students with special needs
- To attend health and safety meetings and trainings as necessary and deemed appropriate, annually, including CPR and First Aid Training, Crisis Prevention Intervention Training
- To work in the various classrooms and be able to function appropriately in that environment, i.e. may include working on the floor or in other locations, bending to make eye contact with young learners and working face to face.
- High School Diploma or higher.
- School experience preferred (especially intervention work)
Position Content: Major responsibilities, essential functions and
- Work with students one on one and in small groups with our reading intervention program.
- Work as the in school coordinator for math and reading corps.
- Contribute to a healthy learning environment by modeling behavior expectations for social interactions
- Assist in classrooms with small and individual groups.
- Develop professionally and be involved by participating in workshops, in-services and staff development opportunities, staff meetings, serving on committees and attending special
- Maintain appropriate communication with all stakeholders/constituencies, i.e. director, board of directors, students, parents, other staff members, sponsoring school district personnel, community members who have rights and responsibilities to know about the school program and maintain a sense of trust and security
- Avail oneself of technology opportunities for skill advancement
- To perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Director
- To conduct yourself professionally and respect the privacy of all of our students.
- To use the proper channels when communicating questions or concerns. (i.e. Director and/or Classroom Teacher)
If interested, please contact Nerstrand Direct, Maggie Kiley. Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Math Corps tutor
Make a difference in your community and join our team as a math tutor. Nerstrand Elementary School is looking for a part-time math tutor to give their time and talent to help kids become successful in math.
Tutors serve during the school day working with small groups of 4th and 5th grade students who need extra help building their math skills. No matter if you’re a recent grad, career changer, stay-at-home parent or retiree, you can make a great tutor! No experience? No problem. Math Corps provides comprehensive training in strategies proven to help students learn, so tutors are well equipped to help students grow.
Perks as A Tutor
- Receive a stipend every two weeks
Earn up to $3,000 for college tuition or student loans. Tutors 55 and older may gift the award to their child, grandchild, stepchild or foster child.
Free health insurance and child care assistance for those who qualify
Ready to be the change for our students?
Learn more and apply at ReadingAndMath.net.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or call 866.859.2825.
We are seeking substitute paras. Email for more information.
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Application open until filled.
We are seeking substitute teachers on an ongoing basis. View full job description.
|Math Corps AND Reading Corps.pdf||209.4 KB|