Special Education Paraprofessionals
Nerstand School is hiring two Special Education Paraprofessionals.
- Performs tasks within the level of responsibility of position as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum requirement of 48 college semester credits or a two-year degree. Please include transcript(s) with application.
- OR completion of the Para Pro test (test available upon job offer). The passing score for the Para Pro Assessment in Minnesota is 460. Please visit http://www.ets.org/ for more information about the Para Pro test.
- Experience with behavior management strategies.
- Data collection
- Capable of responding to occasional physical behavior.
- Flexibility and the ability to work as a cooperative team member.
- Good organizational skills.
- Regular, on-time attendance is required.
- Physical requirement: must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Stooping and bending required. Also the ability to get up and down off of chairs of various heights
- Willing to be trained in crisis prevention techniques and physical intervention.
In addition, the specific skills/educational qualifications for this include:
- Believes that all students can attain high levels of learning.
- Takes responsibility for the learning of our students and his/her own performance.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all students.
- Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team.
- Won't shy away from today's educational challenges.
- Utilizes effective interpersonal skills.
- Works with great integrity.
- Working with students who have behavioral and or academic challenges.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter, along with 3 letters of reference to:
Attn: Maggie Kiley
205 2nd St. South
Nerstrand, MN 55053
Deadline to apply is April 20, 2018 or until filled.
We are seeking substitute teachers on an ongoing basis. View full job description.