Special Education Teacher
Description: Nerstrand Charter School is looking for a full time special Ed teacher to join our special education team for our small and vibrant community for the 2020-2021 school year and beyond.
Duties will include:
- Teach specific academic instructional groups across the year.
- Prepare for student instruction
- interpretation of the most recent evaluation for the student
- review MCA/FASTBRIDGE scores for current performance
- plan lessons based on the goals in the current IEP
- Review and interpret the goals for the designated students
- identify materials and instructional strategies to implement specially designed
- instruction that meets students’ disability related needs
- develop a progress monitoring plan for the goals being addressed
- For the students served in the above groups, orchestrate IEP meetings
- Assist with monitoring the implementation of the accommodations in the general education setting (based on what is in the IEP) for the students served in the groups above.
- Provide data and create semi-annual progress reports (in SpEd Forms).
Qualifications: MN teaching license in EBD, or ABS preferred. Additional Reading Licensure Experience working with special needs kids.
Nerstrand Charter School is a K-5 school of choice located a mile outside of the Big Woods State Park in the small town Nerstrand. Originally Founded in 1887, and a charter since 1999, we provide an academically challenging and supportive curriculum to a community of over 150 learners. We are proud to offer student led committees, hands-on learning, multi-age classrooms/homerooms and a safe, nurturing environment for children.
Application deadline May 22, 2020. Please submit your cover letter, resume, 3 letters of recommendations, transcripts, copy of licensure and references: Maggie Kiley, 205 2nd St. South, Nerstrand MN 55053 or email@example.com
Math Corps tutor
Make a difference in your community and join our team as a math tutor. Nerstrand Elementary School is looking for a part-time math tutor to give their time and talent to help kids become successful in math.
Tutors serve during the school day working with small groups of 4th and 5th grade students who need extra help building their math skills. No matter if you’re a recent grad, career changer, stay-at-home parent or retiree, you can make a great tutor! No experience? No problem. Math Corps provides comprehensive training in strategies proven to help students learn, so tutors are well equipped to help students grow.
Perks as A Tutor
- Receive a stipend every two weeks
Earn up to $3,000 for college tuition or student loans. Tutors 55 and older may gift the award to their child, grandchild, stepchild or foster child.
Free health insurance and child care assistance for those who qualify
Ready to be the change for our students?
Learn more and apply at ReadingAndMath.net.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866.859.2825.
We are seeking substitute paras. Email for more information.
How to apply
Email email@example.com. Application open until filled.
We are seeking substitute teachers on an ongoing basis. View full job description.
|Math Corps AND Reading Corps.pdf||209.4 KB|