Special Education Teacher
Description: Nerstrand Charter School is looking for a full time special Ed teacher to join our special education team for our small and vibrant community for the 2020-2021 school year and beyond.
Duties will include:
- Teach specific academic instructional groups across the year.
- Prepare for student instruction
- interpretation of the most recent evaluation for the student
- review MCA/FASTBRIDGE scores for current performance
- plan lessons based on the goals in the current IEP
- Review and interpret the goals for the designated students
- identify materials and instructional strategies to implement specially designed
- instruction that meets students’ disability related needs
- develop a progress monitoring plan for the goals being addressed
- For the students served in the above groups, orchestrate IEP meetings
- Assist with monitoring the implementation of the accommodations in the general education setting (based on what is in the IEP) for the students served in the groups above.
- Provide data and create semi-annual progress reports (in SpEd Forms).
Qualifications: MN teaching license in EBD, or ABS preferred. Additional Reading Licensure Experience working with special needs kids.
Nerstrand Charter School is a K-5 school of choice located a mile outside of the Big Woods State Park in the small town Nerstrand. Originally Founded in 1887, and a charter since 1999, we provide an academically challenging and supportive curriculum to a community of over 150 learners. We are proud to offer student led committees, hands-on learning, multi-age classrooms/homerooms and a safe, nurturing environment for children.
Application deadline May 22, 2020. Please submit your cover letter, resume, 3 letters of recommendations, transcripts, copy of licensure and references: Maggie Kiley, 205 2nd St. South, Nerstrand MN 55053 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Math Corps tutor
We are looking for a Math Corps tutor for the 2019-20 school year. You can work with students every day, during the school day and help them become successful in math!
Math Corps provide comprehensive training in strategies proven to help students build academic skills. Tutors are paid a living allowance and are eligible for up to $4,266 to pay tuition or repay student loans. Tutors 55 or older may gift the award to their child or grandchild. Tutors may be eligible for free health insurance and child care assistance.
Learn how you can get involved by visiting the Math website. You can also help by telling a friend or family member (grandparents make great tutors, too!) about openings at our school and statewide! Positions start in August for the 2019-20 school year. Send questions to email@example.com or call 866-859-2825.
We are seeking substitute paras. Email for more information.
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Application open until filled.
We are seeking substitute teachers on an ongoing basis. View full job description.
|Math Corps AND Reading Corps.pdf||209.4 KB|